In case you may want to know it, there are certain styles and things that employers want to see and not to see in your resume. There are really good applicants that have the best knowledge and skills; in fact, they also have years of experience in the industry, where they belong.
The problem is that they commit mistakes in their resumes, and that they fail to highlight their best assets and skills, leading to a faulty resume that does not capture the attention of the employer. Check out the following for resume styles 2016 on what not to put and what to put in your resume.
Resume Style 2016
- Reverse chronological is ideal for applicants with perfect job patterns.
- Functional resume formats go to those who want to give emphasis more on their skills than their work history.
- Hybrid is for those who want to combine both types.
Resume Buzzwords 2016
- Under budget
- Goal setting
- Showing confidence
- Communicating clearly
- Think outside the box
- Best of breed
- Hard worker
- Team player
- Strategic thinker
Aside from the buzzwords, you should also think of the skills to include in the application, depending on the type of industry you are in because there are certain areas that you have to highlight in your application. You also have to include those skills that will emphasize on what you can offer to the employer and his company. In this case, you should also know which skills would help you in capturing the attention of the hiring manager or employer so that he can see your value proposition and your worth when taken into their company.
The Main Skills in Resume Styles 2016
- Effective communication skills: Learn that future employers are looking for applicants that to listen to instructions and that also know how to work with minimal guidance and supervision.
- They also want those who can write and speak English well, while at the same time also know how to organize their thoughts in a logical manner when it comes to explaining certain things.
- Problem solving skills: This is where to prove that you can handle transactions and that you are knowledgeable and logical in making a sound decision. This also shows that you are good in making visions and coming to a resolution. As you know, employers are also looking for those that know how to overcome challenges in the job.
- Leadership skills: This will show your strong self-confidence and knowledge about the goals of the company. In this case, you should show that you possess the qualities that inspire and motivate other people, and give them a solid sense of good teamwork foundation.
Things to Skip in Resume Styles 2016
- Ditch the resume objective. You already express your interest for the job, so there is no need for this section.
- Avoid including irrelevant job experiences because they don’t offer any value in your application.
- Your hobbies must also be skipped in the resume. Do not include these hobbies in your professional resume because they don’t also add value to your application.
- Avoid your personal information, such as your religion, marital status and social security number, as they don’t add any value to resume buzzwords 2016. While they might have worked in the past, they don’t apply in job seeking today. Your employers do not need this information at all.
- Do not write long text in your resume. This will not work and will not help you in any way. This will just bore the reader, which is something you won’t want to happen. As you know, an employer only got five seconds to spare reading every resume, so don’t lose this chance!
- Do not include the reference section in your resume. This is a fluff to ditch in your resume. Avoid it like a plague if you don’t want to waste precious space.
By using the right resume templates 2016 you are more likely to create the proper application.
Including resume buzzwords 2016 in your application is one of the best ways to be accepted in 2016. Your resume should include the latest trends to let the employers know of your real interest to get the job and that you are in compliant with the accepted job application standards in today’s world.