What are resume styles 2015?
You may already have a resume ready for your job application, but that may be outdated, outdated in format and trends. Now to make your job application smooth sailing and results-oriented, you may want to use resume styles 2015 that will highlight your strong points, skills and expertise in a concise manner that will grab the reader’s attention. Check out the following for varied resume styles you can choose for your application the coming year.
Format of Resume 2015
- CAREER OBJECTIVE
- CAREER HIGHLIGHTS/SUMMARY
- WORK EXPERIENCE
There you have the simple and professional layout of the resumes for 2015 and you may use them in any types of resumes, including functional, chronological and combination.
To talk further about these styles, check out below:
- Functional resume is the type of format for resume 2015 that highlights your competencies and skills rather than your work history. If you have been a very skilled worker but have been changing careers due to continued education, then this may work for you because this provides better emphasis on the expertise you have in taking on the job as well as in diverting the employer’s attention away from the gaps in working you have had.
- Reverse Chronological is the format for resume 2015 that deals more with your work background, including job duties and positions held, applicable to those who have a strong and solid work background of continuous years of working. This may be for you if you don’t skip years working and suitable for employees who have many years of experience in the position to be filled up.
- Combination resume is a flexible format used by all types of job seekers. It may be a combination of the two previous types mentioned and works well for all kinds of jobs applications. This may be for you if you want to highlight both your skills and work experience.
Format for Resume 2015 Helps Create Effective Resume
Writing the format for resume 2015 is not that hard provided you follow these tips in coming up with an effective resume, no matter what skill level you possess or what kind of job seeker you are.
What is the best resume format 2015? If you have been looking to apply for a new job, whether you are a fresher or a tenured employee aiming to land on a new career, here are some tips about the latest resume formatting you have to know. You can ask the cheapest resume writing service for some help.
Format of Resume 2015 Sections
- Personal and contact information is your headline to include your full name, complete mailing address with the zip code, mobile or landline number and email address. This is included in the first section so that the employer can easily find details on how to get in touch with you in case you are shortlisted.
- Career objective talks about what you want in the job and what you can contribute to the company. This may include your career plans that may be in tune with what the employer is looking for the new position holder.
- Career highlights is another section of the format of resume 2015 to write about your accomplishments in previous jobs; this should include quantifiable data to verify what you have claimed.
- Work experience is most likely where you will add details about your work history about your previous jobs, the most recent being on the top of the list. It should contain company names, position held and duties.
- Education is the section to write your academic background. In this section can also list down your certifications and licenses.
- Skills are your expertise and competencies depending on what industry you are into, so you may write about “editing, writing and proofreading skills” if you were a writer.
Tips for Success in Resume Formatting 2015
- Use basic fonts, such as Arial, Times New Roman and Calibri. They are easier to read than other fonts. Do not use fancy fonts, which may give the reader a hard time in reading your application.
- It is recommended you choose readable font sizes between 10 and 12, but depending on what type of font you used, you may use half-sized fonts, such as 10.5, 11.5….
- Avoid leaving empty spaces or fields if you were using a template for the resume. This will not leave a good impression for the employer.
- Do not rely on automatic spelling and grammar checkers, but you have to read and edit with your eyes as well. If you want to ensure correctness, get a second pair of eyes to check the resume for you.
More Help From Us With a Resume Format 2015
Creating a resume formatting 2015 will be easy if you would follow the tips highlighted above. If you need more help, you can get the assistance of a professional resume editor or writer online. Start with resume formatting 2015 today!