A sports resume template is a truly unique type of resume, whatever role you may have in any type of sport. Sports resumes are actually specialist resumes by default, referring to specific skill sets.
A typical sports resume template is based on the same things as any other kind of resume, but with important differences. Your sports resume contains a built-in set of qualifications and other references
If you’re a fitness trainer for a gym which provides fitness training for executives, it’s not the same thing as a fitness trainer who’s works with casual gym visitors. Similarly, some fitness trainers provide basic training, others provide whole fitness programs, with mentoring and other services thrown in.for employers which aren’t necessarily obvious, except to sports professionals:
- If you’re a specialist weights trainer, your skills are even more refined. If you’re a professional athletic weights trainer, you’re actually doing quite different work from a purely gym-based weights trainer, at a much higher level.
Tips for sports resumes
If you check out the sports resume templates you’ll note that they may differ in design, but information is basically the same. Information quality is the big issue.
A few points to remember:
- Sports resumes are checked by sports professionals who apply strong standards when screening job applications.
- “Vague” information simply does not cut the mustard with other professionals.
- Expectations are high, and all sports jobs are highly competitive. You must show high quality skills and knowledge in your resume.
- Stick to hard facts and make sure that your resume is clearly structured. Your skills and experience need to be backed up by your work record, for example.
- Your references need to be good to get the best jobs.
- Focus on your strong skills, and don’t even bother mentioning jobs where your experience lacks depth.
- Additional skills, like managment skills for managment resume templates layout, administration skills, physio training, and other useful assets are in high demand. Make sure to include these skills in your experience, in context with particular jobs.
The bottom line – Your sports resume needs to deliver good information to get the best jobs. Use that as the criteria for creating your sports resume. Have a look at the best resume template to get more ideas!